The new version 0.9.19 of SCARM is ready! Download it form www.scarm.info.
||Remember, that SCARM is still in beta stage of development and sometimes may not work as expected. Always create archives of your layouts and save changes in the files with incremental names (just in case) like “plan_1.scarm”, “plan_2.scarm”, and so on. Please report any bugs and/or unexpected error messages with a short explanation how, when and where in the program they occurs in the comments area below.
Some of the more important added/improved features and updates are listed below.
Added and improved functionality:
- Extendable track pieces (added in the corresponding libraries)
- Flex-tracks dimensions of each section are now displayed on the track in 2D mode
- Flex-tracks can now be edited after laying and fixing (select already placed flex-track, right-click over it close to one of the ends and choose “Reshape”)
- Flex-tracks can now be split in two parts at any position (select already placed flex-track, right-click over it at the desired position and choose “Split”)
- Zooming (with ‘+’ and ‘-’ keys) and moving (with arrow keys) is now working while modelling flex-tracks
- 45° & 90° lines snap function when creating Baseboard or Polygon figure (to activate it, hold Ctrl key while shaping)
- Zoom factor lock (in View > Scale menu) – useful when performing 1:1 full-size manual printouts
New “Edit” tab in the Settings window for:
- Global override of flex-tracks Minimum radius library presets (allowing increase of the min bending radius for better realism)
- Adjusting flex-tracks Limit angle (for transition from Straight to Curved section when shaping with the mouse)
- Setting of tracks joining tolerances (distance and angle) for auto-connecting of tracks with small gaps between them
New track libraries:
- Tomix N Fine Track (without bridges and viaducts)
- ProLine G Train Line 45
- GarGraves O 3-rail Phantom tracks with plastic and wooden ties (tin plated)
- GarGraves O 3-rail Phantom tracks with plastic and wooden ties (stainless steel)
- Mehano HO
- Life-Like HO Power-Loc Nickel-Silver
Updated track libraries:
- Tillig TT Advanced
- Tillig TT with roadbed
- Fleischmann HO Model
- Marklin HO C-track system
- Marklin HO M-track system
- Atlas O 3-rail
- LGB G
- Fixed behavior of Selection By List window
- Fixed behavior when pressing Cancel button in Settings window
- Fixed behavior when tracks are placed with Drag&Drop on the drawing plot
- Improved resizing of Tracks & Objects Selection panel, which now remembers its width
- Fixed bug for correct displaying of figures in 3D, containing doubled control points, which are now automatically removed
- Many other small improvements and bugfixes
||If “Check for Updates” feature in SCARM 0.9.18 reports that there is no newer version of the program, download the installer directly from the website. The old version info file may be cached on your PC and it will need some time that cache to expire. If the website also shows v. 0.9.18, press F5 key to refresh it.
And finally, several words about the new version.
This update is focused on flex-tracks and adds important functionality to them, allowing post editing and splitting to independent parts. Behind the scene, there is a lot of work done for the paths and roads feature, which is 90% ready. However, more programming is needed in order to allow paths, roads and intersections to be able to be as much complex and flexible like the real ones. Terrain shaping feature is also on the final stage, but the user interface for interacting with it is still under development. More and more users are asking about feature for custom libraries for storing of user-defined objects and I am starting to work over it. I am also preparing some updates in 3D interface and optimizations in 3D rendering engine which will allow more precise and realistic images of virtual SCARM layouts. So, that is for now. I hope that you will like this release and from today I am starting to work over the next version
If you like SCARM, share the info about it with your friends in the social network sites or post a link to www.scarm.info in your blog or your favorite railroad forum, so more and more model train enthusiasts and fans to know about it and to use it for free.
Get SCARM from
Official SCARM Download Location