The new SCARM version 1.0.0 is ready! Download it form www.scarm.info.
Here are listed the most important new and improved features and updates in the milestone version.
Added and improved features:
- New optimized file format
- Adjustable grid step (in Settings > Dimensions)
Note: The grid step for imperial units now defaults to 6 inches
- Option that allows spreading of the labels outside tracks (in Settings > 2D View)
- Option for overriding of the minimum flex-track radius (in Settings > Edit)
- Light source intensity control (in the top-right corner of the 3D Viewer)*
- Advanced 3D viewing settings (in Settings > 3D View)*
- Unlimited number of layers*
- Automatic full-size (1:1) printout feature*
- Automatic check for updates
New track libraries:
- PMT H0f Technomodell
- Sunset Valley Railroad G C250 (Gauge One compatible)
- Faller 0 Hit Train (discontinued)
- Faller 0 e-Train (discontinued)
- Tri-ang OO Series 3 tracks (discontinued)
- Tri-ang OO Super 4 tracks (discontinued)
Updated track libraries:
- Bachmann HO EZ Nickel-Silver
- Bachmann OO Branchline
- Hornby OO Setrack
- Peco OO C100
- Peco OO9 C80
- Playmobil G RC
- Roco H0 2.5mm Nickel-Silver
- Roco H0 2.5mm Brass
- Improved focus transfer between the main editor window and helper windows (Toolbox and Layers)
- Fixed behavior of Tab key which could stop working after flex track drag&drop
- Various small bugfixes and improvements
* Features available only in the licensed version
|If “Check for Updates” feature in older releases reports that there is no newer version of SCARM, download the installer directly from the website. The old release info file may be cached on your PC and it may need some time to expire. If the website also shows older version, press F5 key to refresh it.
This is the final and long awaited SCARM v. 1.0.0 release that completes the 7-year software developing cycle of the program’s core and main set of features. It comes with new and updated track libraries, packed in a new file format, rewritten routines for the grid and the rulers, allowing adjustable grid step in the settings, new option for over-bending of the flex tracks below the limits that are set in the libraries and several new options and features for the registered users of the program.
Starting from this release, the unregistered version will be limited to work with up to 100 tracks and/or objects and 5 layers per project. This will allow the free use of SCARM for small and some medium-sized track plans and layout designs. But if you want to unlock the full potential of the new version and to plan with unlimited number of tracks, objects and layers, you will need to buy SCARM license key.
Important information for all Model Trains Simulator – Power Edition users
who have purchased their MTS PE extensions prior to the release of SCARM v. 1.0.0
You will receive a free SCARM License Key per each MTS PE license that you have already purchased. Your license key will be available and activated in your account in the Registered Users Area. In order to install it in SCARM v. 1.x, login into your account, look for the “SCARM License Key (v1)” item in the table with the modules and left-click on the “Download” link to initiate the installation process. When prompted to install the license in SCARM, confirm the installation. Finally, restart SCARM and check the registration info in the “Help” > “About” dialog box.
This version starts a new epoch in the development of SCARM. Get ready for many new functions and features that will come with the next updates and the future SCARM extensions!
Get SCARM from
Official SCARM Download Location
Buy SCARM license key from
Beta-version users of SCARM – please read this
Everything About The Transition to SCARM 1.0 Milestone
Resolving SCARM Installation Issues
Phasing Out of The Old Beta Versions of SCARM