The new SCARM version 1.9.2 is ready! Download it form www.scarm.info.
The most important added and/or improved features and updates are listed below.
- Added option in the “Updates” section of the settings for restoring of the reminder messages, previously hidden with “Do not show this message again” check box
- Extended zoom-out factor for large scale track systems and the corresponding track plans
New track libraries:
- Miniature Railway Workshop 7 1/4″ Jubilee ride-able railway system
- Atlas HO Trainkids
- Peco TT 12mm gauge (C55)
- Gargraves O Phantom (stainless steel)
- Gargraves O Phantom (tin-plated)
- Marklin H0 C-track
- Trix H0 C-track
- Tomix N Finetrack
- Various small bugfixes and improvements
|If “Check for Updates” feature in older releases reports that there is no newer version of SCARM, download the installer directly from the website. The old release info file may be cached on your PC and it may need some time to expire. If the website also shows older version, press F5 key to refresh it.|
This is a minor update to the previous version which includes two small improvements, several new and updated track libraries, updated language translations and some minor bugfixes.
Notice for the users of old 1.x.x versions prior to v. 1.9.2
Please, upgrade your previous 1.x.x versions of SCARM to the latest v. 1.9.2 in order to get all new features and apply the last bugfixes. The old unregistered versions prior to v. 1.9.2 will be discontinued and no longer supported.
Get SCARM from
Official SCARM Download Location
Buy SCARM license key from
(if you already have SCARM License Key, this update is free for you)
Follow us on
Resolving SCARM Installation Issues
My version of scarm does not work properly because when I click on the track type down arrow, all I get are lists of scale type, like HO, O, etc., not how to create trees or roads, etc.
Your version of SCARM works exactly as designed and intended. The trees, roads and other objects are located at the bottom of the list with libraries and scales in a sub-menu, called “Objects”:
I have two licenses on scarm but I had a problem with the computers where they were installed now how do I remove the licenses to put two new computers on?
You didn’t says what are the problems on the PCs, so here are the two paths for moving a license:
1) You need to start SCARM on the PC where the license is activated and registered and then to use “Help” > “Uninstall licnese(s)” menu command. That will unlock the license on the server, however, the PC must be connected to Internet.
2) You can request emergency license reset and I will then manually unlock the license on the server. To do that, send an e-mail to and request emergency license reset by stating your license purchase Ref No (I need that for my records) and I will then do the unlock in 1-2 business days.
Note: Emergency license reset can be performed only once per year.
I found 2 bugs in the latest version. I’m using Tillig H0/H0e Elite tracks.
- Right mouse click on Tillig 85185 and select “length of the choosen area” shows the double dimension (456,24mm) then the real dimension (228mm).
- Hoover above the Tillig H0/H0e flex/mixed track button of the track collumn, it shows the wrong Tillig no. 85127. That is from H0/Hm. But the right no. is 85126. This failure appears also in the part lists (Extras > Partlist > ….)
Best regards from Germany,
1) This is not a bug, but the way in which SCARM calculates track lengths. For more info, please, read this blog post: http://www.scarm.info/blog/tips-and-tricks/quicktip-correct-understanding-of-track-lenghts-shown-by-scarm/
2) Yep, the part numbers of the flexes are doubled in both Tillig mixed libraries – I will correct that in the next update.
I’am a totally new user of scarm.
I just added 2 tracks pieces on a new layout.
I want to group them.
I select both with the shift taste and I want to group them.
The group option is grayed (not available) in the objects tab…
What I am doing wrong ?
Thanks and Regards
Grouping works only for figures and objects. It will get enabled when two (or more) figures or objects are selected.
I know there are specific steps of transferring a license from one laptop to another. I want to transfer SCARM from my work computer to my new personal PC. Can you please give me the steps? I know how to install and uninstall, I just need to know how to handle the license transfer.
Thanks. Sorry for the bother.
The steps are simple – 1. uninstall the license on the old PC and then 2. re-activate and install it on the new PC.
1. Start SCARM on the old PC and use “Help” > “Uninstall License(s)” menu command.
2. On the new PC, follow the instructions here: http://www.scarm.info/index.php?page=webshop&item=scarm_license_key&step=guide
Note that both PCs must be connected to internet, otherwise the transfer will fail.
Hello. IS there no longer a FREE isssue of this program. I have in the past spent and enjoyed many hour on here planning layouts for my own bennefit?
You can still do that – the demo version of SCARM is absolutely FREE to download and use and you can still open your old projects in it and even play with the FREE version of the Model Trains Simulator on your old SCARM track plans.
Happy New Year
Just starting a New layout and looking for any potential updates on.
1. Updates to the Fast Track Lib HO lib Specifically Curved turnouts.
2. Ability to Create Track “Segments” favorite lib Example Using the fast track lib RT#6 + .7″ Flex on diverging Route = RT#6.7 allowing two diverging RT#6.7 to be connected to make a 2″ on center single crossover.
3. Ability to remember Tool Box settings Example Remember Flex-Tracks modelling settings after setting Start point.
4. Ability to Have at least two R: & A: Flex-Track settings (Ability Quickly repeat a S curve)
5. Ability to specify length of flex track longer than 36″
6. Ability to create our own Custom track Lib (Would not really need any of the above if we had this ability)
As always Would be willing to Beta or in the case of #1 do the actual work given a little guidance.
Forgot one Ability to set the Grid to 1/2″
Happy New Year!
OK, I will consider these for the next versions of SCARM.
P.S. #5 is already implemented – use “Add tracks automatically” option in the Toolbox.
Add tracks automatically only works if you know what the radius is For example using “Atlas-HO-83″ Flex track setting radius to 24″ Angle to 90 then Curve only to discover you actually need 23.5″ requires you to delete and start over. Now try the same thing with “Fast Tracks-HO” Flex track using Angle 90 you can adjust the the Radius any angle up to 25″ and not have to start over. I know deleting and starting over is minor but being able to adjust the Radius up to 48″ and radius up to180 on a a large layout is something I may do 100 times in a day. And yes I have work arounds especially if the Angle is 90 but it gets a lot harder if you are working with a #8 turnout trying to connect to a straight section with about a 48″ radius.
P.S. I love the software and I have tried all of them yours is the easiest to use.
Firstly can I say thank you for writing SCARM and keeping it current and up-to-date. I purchased my SCARM license several years ago and I consider it to be an invaluable tool for any track planner.
Please may I suggest one potential idea for a future release: would it be possible to create transition curves using the flex-tracks modelling tool?
I like to use transition curves on my layouts, and to do this I currently have to manually “build” the transition curve using the flex-track modelling tool. I do this by creating a curve made of lots of sections of narrow angles, usually between 1.5 and 2.5 degree’s each, then I slowly increase the radius of each section until I reach my desired transition curve. The starting radius is usually around 100mm greater than the radius of the curve being transitioned into, and the ending radius is usually somewhere around 1600 to 1800mm. This creates a very convincing transition curve effect on my layouts (I’m using Peco OO code 75 track)
It would be great if the flex-track modelling tool could allow me to simply enter the starting radius, the end radius and the total angle required for the whole transition curve, and then the tool calculates the individual narrow angle sections with stepped radius increases to produce a single piece transition curve.
Hope this is possible.
Easements are a planned feature and should appear in some of the next versions of SCARM.
Après avoir effectué la mise à jour 1.9.2, dans Extensions j’ai Licence key outdated alors que ma licence est activé.
Updating to a newer version of SCARM does not affect the license key.
There is another issue – please, check for possible problems and their solutions here: http://www.scarm.info/blog/problems-and-solutions/resolving-license-activation-and-installation-issues/
If I purchase a license key, how long is the license good for, and are version updates included.
The current V1 license key does not expire and covers all 1.x.x versions of SCARM and their 1.x.x updates.
When a new major 2.0.0 version becomes available, you will have the choice to continue to use the last 1.x.x version as long as you wish or to upgrade to 2.0.0 license at some reduced cost.