If you have problems with the activation and installation of your SCARM license key, read the possible causes and solutions below. If there is no answer for your problem or if you cannot reach us by e-mail, post a comment below and we will reply as soon as possible.
|Before continue, ensure that you have the latest version of SCARM installed. Use “Help” > “Check for Updates” menu command and if there is a newer version of the program, proceed with the update.|
As a very first step, ensure that you followed the license activation and installation instructions, sent to you with the purchase confirmation e-mail. If you lost that message or if you can’t find it, see the instructions below and follow them step-by-step:
If the problem persists, check for it and its solution below:
1. I get a warning message when using “License Activation and Installation” menu
2. The pending license link in my account is grayed (disabled)
3. The license in my account cannot be activated and always stays pending
4. The license is activated, but the download doesn’t start
5. The license is activated and installed, but SCARM cannot open the project files
6. The license is activated and installed, but SCARM still asks for license key
7. The license was installed and SCARM worked fine, but unexpectedly it started to ask for license key again
8. The license was downloaded and installed on a new PC and now the license key does not work
If SCARM shows warning message that it cannot display the website of the program, there may be a problem with the default browser in your system. The message offers you to send the license activation data manually. Press “Yes” and follow the instructions on the screen for manual activation of your license.
There are no activation data sent to the server or the activation message is corrupted. Close all browser windows, restart SCARM and perform the activation procedure again.
Ensure that you click with the left mouse button over the download link. Check your browser settings about downloading and storing files from Internet and where is the default download location as the file may be already downloaded, but without browser showing any notification. If that does not help, switch to (or install) another browser and use it to download the already activated license file.
If SCARM shows error message about possible problem with the license key while trying to open a project file, this may be due to wrong, invalid or corrupted license in the system. Try the solutions, described in the Question/Problem 6 below and read also the post The project files does not opening.
• This may happen when SCARM cannot verify the registration info on the server, probably because it is blocked by a firewall. Open the “Extensions” menu and if you see there “SCARM License Key (inaccessible)” that means a missing connection to the server. Please, check your firewall settings and rules and allow SCARM to connect to Internet. If you cannot solve that in the firewall menus and settings, temporarily turn off the firewall and then restart SCARM. This check is required only once after the license installation.
• If you download and install your license on a new PC, before properly uninstalled the license key on the old PC (where the license was initially activated), the license will not work on the new PC. Read the answer of Question/Problem 8 below to see how to uninstall the license on the old PC and fix the problem.
• If SCARM is set to work in Portable mode, the license will not work. To check that, open “Help” > “About” and see if “Portable” is shown just under the version number. If yes, go to “Tools” > “Settings” > “Portable” and press the button “Clear the local settings”. Restart SCARM and check again in “Help” > “About” that Portable is not present anymore.
• In some rare cases, the activation procedure may fail while registering the license on the server. Open the “Extensions” menu and if you see “SCARM License Key (outdated)”, your license should be refreshed and the download and installation should be performed again. Use “Help” > “License Activation and Installation” menu command again and login in your account. If the license shows “Requires refreshing” label next to the Ref No, click over the “Refresh” link in the Download column. Then download and install the license key file again and restart SCARM.
• If you have more than one registered license, check that you are downloading the correct one for the given PC (the link for the correct license should be bold). Installing the wrong license (for another PC) will make it unusable as SCARM will not recognize the license key. In such case, download and install the correct license file for that PC.
Perhaps, something is changed in your PC configuration and either the license file is erased or the license key does not match to your system anymore. Restart the PC, ensure that SCARM is not blocked by a firewall (see above answer), use “Help” > “License Activation and Installation” to login into your SCARM account and then check, refresh if needed (see above answer), download and reinstall the license file. If that does not help, contact us for further assistance.
In order to move the license from one (old) PC to another (new) PC, you need to uninstall the license key on the old PC first. To do that, start SCARM on the old PC and use “Help” > “Uninstall license(s)” menu command. That will properly uninstall the license and will prepare it for re-activation and installation on the new PC.
Please note that completely uninstalling SCARM (from Control Panel) on the old PC does not unlock the license key. If you already done that, you must reinstall SCARM on the old PC, download and reinstall the license on the old PC and finally uninstall the license as described above.
If the above advices does not help you to resolve your problem, write a message in the comments area below and we will reply as soon as possible.